High School Girls Scholarship Guidelines & Application
The selection of the recipients of the scholarship award will be determined by the National Charity League, Inc., Whittier Chapter Scholarship Committee.
The selection will be judged primarily on the basis of Community Service, with consideration of the following additional criteria:
- Extra-curricular activities
- Honors and Awards
- Academic achievement
- Personal interview
- Be female, a U.S. Resident, and a high school senior.
- Live within the boundaries of National Charity League, Inc., Whittier Chapter.
(Whittier, Hacienda Heights, La Habra, La Habra Heights, or La Mirada)
- Submit any college acceptance letters received to date.
- Attach a copy of high school transcript.
- Include a short essay (100 words or less) about self and future goals.
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a teacher, advisor, or community leader.
Applications must be:
- Complete and include all required information to be valid.
- Emailed to NCLWhittierScholarship@gmail.com no later than Friday, March 8, 2019
- Finalists must attend a personal interview on Tuesday, March 19, 2019
- Recipients must attend the Scholarship Awards Presentation on Monday, April 29, 2019. Recipients will be notified in advance.
Questions or concerns regarding the application should be directed to the Scholarship Chairperson as soon as possible.
National Charity League, Inc., Whittier Chapter members are not eligible.
Applicant may be disqualified for consideration of the award due to any unsolicited contact of any member of the Scholarship Committee, or any officer of the National Charity League, Inc., Whittier Chapter, in an attempt to discuss, persuade, dissuade, influence or otherwise affect the outcome of the selection process. Disqualification may also be due to any acts, actions, written or verbal, by any other person who acts on behalf or in the interest of the applicant. Disqualification may also be warranted based on incomplete applications.
National Charity League, Inc., Whittier Chapter reserves the right to withdraw, reassign, or alter any selection criteria of this award for any reason, at any time.
Megan Carter and Adrianna Wall
NCL Scholarship Co-Chairs, 2019