Women’s Scholarship Guidelines & Application
The selection of the recipients of the scholarship award will be determined by the National Charity League, Inc., Whittier Chapter Scholarship Committee.
The selection will be judged on the basis of academic achievement, personal character, and financial need.
The criteria for application for the National Charity League, Inc. Whittier Chapter Scholarship Award are as follows:
- Be female and a U.S. Resident.
- Be at least 25 years of age. Proof must be submitted with application.
- Have a financial need.
- Be a registered student and have attended one semester at any community college or
four-year university. A copy of registration must be submitted.
- Have achieved and maintained a 2.5 grade point average. A copy of the transcript must be submitted.
- Live within the boundaries of National Charity League, Inc., Whittier Chapter. (Whittier, Hacienda Heights, La Habra, La Habra Heights, or La Mirada) Proof of residency must be submitted.
- Submit two separate letters of recommendation from current supervisors, instructors, or leaders from the applicant’s employer, school, or place of worship.
Click here for guideline details.
Application must be:
- Complete and include all required information to be valid.
- Email to NCLWhittierScholarship@gmail.com not later than Friday, February 28, 2020
- Finalists must attend a personal interview on Monday, March 16, 2020 or Tuesday, March 17, 2020
- Recipients are required to attend the Scholarship Awards Presentation on Monday, April 27, 20202
- Recipients will be notified in advance.
Questions or concerns regarding the application should be directed to the Scholarship Chairperson as soon as possible, via email address above.
Applicant may be disqualified for consideration of the award due to any unsolicited contact of any member of the Scholarship Committee, or any officer of the National Charity League, Inc., Whittier Chapter, in an attempt to discuss, persuade, dissuade, influence or otherwise affect the outcome of the selection process. Disqualification may also be due to any acts, actions, written or verbal, by any other person who acts on behalf or in the interest of the applicant.
National Charity League, Inc., Whittier Chapter, reserves the right to withdraw, reassign, or alter any selection criteria of this award for any reason, at any time.
Megan Carter and Barbara Castillo
NCL Scholarship 2020 Co-Chairs